Pantotime

Posted by Jeni in Ad Infinitum | 5 December 2007

It's late.

OH! NO IT ISN'T.

OH! YES IT IS.

I've just come back from Jim's first night in 'Mother Goose'.

OH! NO YOU HAVEN'T .

OH! YES I HAVE.

There was so much traffic, and an accident coming back that it felt like I was time travelling. The headlights were shining in my mirror.

LOOK BEHIND YOU!

I will write about it in detail.

OH! NO YOU WON'T.

OH! YES I WILL.

But right now, sadly, it's bedtime.

Aaaah!

It's sadder than that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!.

cul8ter.

OH! NO YOU WON'T

OH! SHUT UP.

Comments

1. At December 5, 2007 9:16 AM Chrissie Carcassonne wrote:

Hi Jeni and family,
Happy Hanukkah!!!
Chrissie x x

2. At December 5, 2007 9:47 AM kerri wrote:

Hi jeni,
I think it is very touching that so many people feel they can share their problems, desires, wishes, decisions with you, you must feel proud to incite this in your bloggers, I would be. I just wanted to say hope all goes well with Martin and David, and i hope whatever decision they make or wherever they live, may they be very happy. I wish them well. Take care xx

3. At December 5, 2007 9:12 PM rhianon wrote:

Yer mad, woman!!

4. At December 6, 2007 10:23 AM Philip wrote:

Ahh... the wonderful Pantomime season that our American cousins find so hard to fathom. Men dressed as women, women dressed as men and the leading man is a thigh-slapping girl. Sounds like a Saturday night out in Old Compton Street.

As the greatest Pantomime Dame in the business Danny La Rue retorted after being asked by an American to summarise Pantomime, “It’s a lot like you do... Only you do it in real life!”

Philip/Thailand and the other half to the Aires Siam Suzie

5. At December 6, 2007 10:31 AM Philip wrote:

Dear Agony Jeni,

Pantomime time means it is close to Christmas and I wonder if you can answer a question that has troubled me for years?

As the festive season draws nearer and you wonderful ladies enter the race to choose a gift for the men in your lives, can you please explain to me why the race almost always ends in a tie? (Credited to the late, great Bob Monkhouse).

Philip/Thailand

6. At December 8, 2007 2:27 AM Philip wrote:

Well I am hugely flattered to be called “Young Phil” by the Lady Barnett. I cannot remember the last time anyone referred to me as young, apart from all the Thai sweeties who regularly shout, “You velly handsome man. I love you long time”...but they don’t count as I am old enough and so cynical enough to know they don’t see me as Brad Pitt, more a walking ATM. Furthermore, I certainly would never dare take them up on their generous but astigmatic offer as, with one sweep of her kitchen knife, Siam Suzie would turn me into a Ladyboy. Such is the wrath of the Aries woman.

Keep it up kind Jeni. As I recently said to the lady stamp collector, “Philately will get you everywhere” Enjoy your weekend!

Philip/Thailand